Studied Arabic at the Tashkent University (Uzbekistan) and obtained a degree in Applied Linguistics from the University of Vienna.
Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science.
From 1997, chief specialist dealing with Polish-German relations and cross-border and inter-regional co-operation at the Department for International Co-operation of the Ministry of Interior and Administration.
Between 1997 and 2001, executive secretary of the Polish-German Intergovernmental Commission for Regional and Cross-border Co-operation and the Joint Polish-Flemish Commssion.
Since 2005, at the Centre for Eastern Studies as the founder and head of the Germany Team.
foreign and internal policy of Germany and the German politics of memory
- "Germany in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict: a political or a humanitarian mission?", OSW Commentary, 18.02.2015
- „Germany on Russia. Yes to links, no to rapprochement”, OSW Point of View, 03.03.2014
- „The expensive energy revolution in Germany. The implementation of the Energiewende is behind schedule”, OSW Commentary, 10.05.2012
- „Forerunners or scaremongers? Germany to abandon nuclear power”, OSW Commentary, 21.07.2011
- „Gemischte Bilanz 20 Jahre Nachbarschaftsvertrag”, "Osteuropa" 5-6 2011 Denkfabrik Polen;
- „The natural resources deficit: the implications for German politics”, OSW Commentary, 8.02.2011
- „II Wojna Światowa w niemieckiej prasie - wybrane przykłady z rocznicowego roku 2005”, OSW Report, June 2005;
- „Niemiecka prezydencja sukcesem RFN”;
- „Doradztwo w polityce zagranicznej RFN - inspiracje dla Polski”, OSW Report, December 2008;
- „It’s not (only) about Erika Steinbach. Three myths in the German discourse on the resettlements”, Policy Briefs, August 2010.