Rafał Sadowski joined OSW in 2001. He has been working as a policy analyst for the Department for Ukraine, Belarus and the Baltic States in 2001-2007 and as a head of the Central-European Department in 2007-2009. In 2010-2011 he was the head of the Eastern Partnership Department and the editor-in-chief of the EaPCommunity website (www.easternpartnership.org).
He received his M.A. in the Centre for East European Studies of Warsaw University. He also studied a cultural anthropology in the Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology of Warsaw University.
English, Russian, French (intermediate), Belarussian (passive).
- EU-Eastern European and Southern Caucasus states relations, European Neighborhood Policy and Eastern Partnership
- internal situation and foreign policies of Eastern European states
- political situation in Central and South-Eastern Europe
- internal situation and foreign policy of Belarus
- cross-border cooperation in Eastern Europe
- Turkish foreign policy
- co-author with Szymon Ananicz, Central Europe Facing ‘Eastern Europe’: Symphony or Cacophony?, in Zlatko Sabic &Petr Drulak eds., Regional and International Relations of Central Europe, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- W cieniu Łukaszenki. Opozycja na Białorusi, Wolność i Solidarność, no 4/2012, Europejskie Centrum Solidarności. [In the shadow of Lukashenka. Opposition in Belarus, Freedom & Solidarity magazine, no 4/2012, European Solidarity Centre. only in Polish]
- The future of the ENPI: towards separate financial instruments for the Union for the Mediterranean and the Eastern Partnership?, Eastern Partnership Review series, Estonian Centre for Eastern Partnership, Tallinn, 2011.
- ‘The Eastern Partnership: Two Years Later’, Russkij vopros, no 2011/2, http://www.russkiivopros.com, 2011.
- ‘The Czech Republic and Poland in the Eastern Partnership – Approaches and Perspectives for Cooperation’, The Czech Republic and Poland in contemporary international politics: partners or rivals?, Prague, 2010.
- ‘Belarus Between the European Union and Russia: the Polish Perspective’, Belarus: External Pressure, Internal Change, Frankfurt am Main, 2009.
- The Western Balkans and the European Integration, Perspectives and Implications, editor, Warsaw, 2008.
- Advocate for the status quo? Turkish policy towards the Black Sea region – its form and background [in:] Turkey after the start of negotiations with the European Union – foreign relations and the domestic situation. Part II (Warsaw, 2008);
- Belarus 2006 (Warsaw, 2007);
- Cold alliance - Turkish-American political relations after 2003, Warsaw, 2007.
- Belarus – the EU’s unknown neighbour, co-author, Warsaw, 2005.
- Similarities and Differences of Instruments and Policies of the Council of Europe and the European Union in the Field of Transfrontier Co-Operation, Council of Europe, Strasbourg, 2005.
- Cross-border Co-operation at the new Eastern Border of the European Union, Warsaw, 2004.
- ‘Eastern Europe region and the European Neighbourhood Policy of the EU’, Brzezinski Scholars Programme Conference Papers, Warsaw, 2004.
- ‘The EU policy toward Belarus’, Eastern Policy of the Enlarged European Union, (Bratislava, 2003.
- ‘Białoruś’, Nowa Europa. Raport z Transformacji, Warsaw, 2002.